Monday, March 21, 2016

The Art of Being


I went up to Sedona Arizona recently with friends. That trip was much needed and thoroughly enjoyed. On this trip, I did not bring any technology. I left it all behind. (Well, technically I brought a camera because the historian in me insisted that this trip not go undocumented.) However, I never used the camera. And here's why:

I needed to practice the Art of Being.

Yes, it is an art. I have this problem with being somewhere in body and not in mind. So my body sits here and my mind is miles away. Oftentimes I am pondering some deep subject and that pondering produces wonderful epiphanies and beautiful thoughts. But I'm missing life. I'm missing what's right before me when I do that constantly. I'd had enough. I unplugged and truly focused on being where I was.



Those two days were beautiful. My soul felt so alive. I was rather quiet on the first day because I was simply absorbing so much. I felt as if I had been given new eyes and ears. I felt as if the sunshine was brighter, the colors more vibrant, my friends voices were more rich, the sensation of the wind in my face was more crisp, and the world was laid before me anew. I took it all in. I stared outside my window for hours. I rolled down the window and stuck my hand out as we drove. That may seem small to most of you, but it was so freeing to me. I'd never done it before. The cool wind was blowing and I felt like I was flying. The wind made my outstretched arm feel weightless and the breathtaking views made my heart soar. That was the greatest moment of the entire trip, I think. I was in ecstasy. It was the truest, purest joy that I have felt in a long time.

Not once did I wonder what was happening on social media. Not once did I get lost in deep thought. And that was okay. I felt free and new. I felt like I had learned and gained more wisdom than my hours of pondering could produce. It is absolutely delightful to be in mind where you are in body. I was there. I connected with the Earth. I connected with my friends. I felt grounded and yet free to soar.

I just closed my eyes and felt the joy of Being. What a glorious thing it is to Just Be!!!! To just deeply live and truly connect. It is absolutely magnificent.

I feel like I have been learning a lot about gifts lately. Last time I wrote about the gift of voice. And this is the gift of being. There is such power in simple and authentic living. It is absolutely marvelous. I felt the power of my soul. I felt the exhilaration of living. And I could do it for the rest of my life. Pun totally intended.

I wish I could adequately share with you this powerful feeling of being that I feel! I implore you to try it. Just simply be in mind where you are in body.

Connect. Live. Breathe. Be free.

It is powerful! SO powerful. It is amazing and beautiful and just simply breathtaking. It's a wonderful life we live, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I know it's weird when siblings comment on each others posts, but setting that aside, I LOVE this Ellie! Hearing from you is amazing and is so much even more so when you express yourself in writing. Keep doing this, because people need to hear it. I need to hear it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete