Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Olivia Jensen

Hey there.
Today's different. Why? Because I decided it would be. And isn't that wonderful? :) No really. Today is different on this blog because I'm going to just thank one person very specifically for everything she does and all she is. I am incredibly blessed to have a wonderful human being named Olivia Jensen in my life. This young woman, you all, this young woman is powerful. She's a life changing individual. Her birthday was last week, so this post is a couple days late, but it gave me the opportunity to really ponder on and pick out what I am most thankful for in her.

1) She is passionate. She will greet you with an excitement and happiness that is simply contagious. (All caps greetings are her specialty XD)

     

See what I mean? How lovely she is. :) Her passion for life is so strong and constant. It ignites my own passion. Life is a grand adventure and she is an adventurer in it. She keeps her eyes open to the wonders of the earth and her soul open to the magnificence of the heavens.

2) She is SO INTELLIGENT. Her brilliance is clearly seen. The quality of her thoughts is astounding. The intelligence of this young lady is beyond her years. She is a deep thinker and truth seeker. Her constant ponderings and realizations add to the world she sees. She has a unique perspective. No one can quite see the world like Olivia Jensen.

3) The woman can write! She shares her thoughts in the most beautiful, beautiful form. She has a wonderful blog that I just adore. You will get to see a part of her world and to read of her fantastic ideas. I'm always left pondering and so inspired. Aah. I HIGHLY recommend reading through it. <3

4) She will give you chills and absolutely transport you with her incredible piano skillz. (Yes, I used a z instead of an s. Why? Because I mean it.) Story time, children: I went with Olivia to one of her recitals back in November. It was seriously so incredible. She did a duet with her brother Josh and the two of them just blew my mind. The amount of talent they have is totally unreal. I absolutely loved being there and was just in awe. Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I loved it so much and had such a radical time. <3

5) SHE IS FREAKING GORGEOUS!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHH. I cannot even. Just. Ah. Cue influx of Olivia spam. It's the best kind on Earth. :)

  

  
  
  
  
My heart. . . 

6) She has the light of Christ in her and it shines forth in everything she does. She is an absolute light in my life. I have loved going to the Temple with her and speaking of Christ together. She has a scripture for virtually everything. And the most incredible insights on each of them. Her testimony is powerful!!!! You can see it in the way she lives her life. She radiates the light of Christ.

7) She will take time for you. She's got a life and is very busy, but when she makes time for you, she makes time for you. You have her full and undivided attention. I love how valued she makes each person feel. When you are with her, you are truly with her. I feel purely appreciated and listened to whenever I talk with her.

8) She will bring out the best in you. And I mean the VERY best in you. She always makes you feel empowered and encouraged. I have become SO MUCH better than I ever thought I could since I met Olivia. I have been kinder, gentler, and better. I am more thoughtful. I am more selfless. I am more joyful. Oh she has filled my life with such light and goodness. She has inspired me to constantly try a little harder to be a little better. That is truly rare and wonderful.

9) Her art will enthrall you and hold you captive in their magical world for hours. I swear she must know some secret incantations to make her art come to life....or that she's just ridiculously talented. Both are probable. The first time I saw her art was before I even really knew her. My older brother showed it to me. He was impressed and so was I. She is very skillful and I am just so thoroughly thrilled with the beauty that she creates through her art. It's amazing, to say the least. You HAVE to see it on her website. It's a teeny bit outdated, but still incredible. She also has an Instagram page that she posts art updates on that just makes my day. :D

10) She will melt your heart with her gorgeous voice. Okay this one is possibly my favorite. I have had the privilege of hearing Olivia sing a few times in my life. Every single time I just melt inside. Her voice is incredibly excellent. I really can't even describe it. When she sings, she testifies. Particularly of Christ. She's a soprano and I'm alto, so we never stand together in choir. Except for this one time. We had a Saturday rehearsal and I stood right in front of her for the first part of it. I honestly did not do much singing for that first bit. I was so emotional I couldn't sing. I just let her beautiful, beautiful voice wash over me in all its power and testimony. It was so marvelous.

11) Basically, she's the most wonderful human being to know and I love her. She's so lovely. And so brilliant. And so delightful. She has made me so much better. I have become so much more because of her. She builds me up always. I want to be more like her. I love her.


Olivia Jensen. Thank you. FOR EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment